Monday, April 6, 2009

Week 13

Internet Safety Questions

1. For my fourth article I decided to read Fighting Internet Filth by: Mario Hipol. It was a great article on what you can do to prevent your family from viewing filth on the internet. It also gave great tips on what to do if you or your children do come across offensive material.

2. The most important thing I learned from the reading is that we shouldn't keep our children from using the internet, but that we should keep them informed about how to use it. There are so many helpful aspects of the internet that are essential to know, but there are also many negative aspects to the radio that we need to be aware of as we are parents and teachers. We need to stay updated, and keep our children informed on how to use the internet in a safe way.

3. What I have read has made me more aware of all of the dangers of the internet. My parents were really good at limiting my time and keeping me informed about what is safe and what I should stay away from. I want to do the same thing for my children so they can stay safe. As time goes on, there are more and more things that we need to be aware of. As a teacher and parent I want to help my children and students stay safe while using the internet. I want them to know that there are many useful things on the internet, but that they need to be careful. In my home I will put my computer in a high traffic area and have limits to the time they can spend on the internet every day. I will also check the history often so I can monitor where they have been.

4. I can use what I have learned to help my friends and family by sharing it with them. I have already shared a lot of the information with my parents and friends because there are many things that I read and watched about the internet that I wasn't aware of. It is important that those who know about the dangers of the internet share it with not only their children, but with everyone they know. It is important than everyone is educated about the dangers of the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Audrey,

    Thanks for reading the article I submitted. I hope you enjoyed it, good luck with your studies.

    ReplyDelete